Monday, March 24, 2014

The end of one chapter only begins another.

I have certainly had lots of experience for "getting into trouble" in grade school.  Attending a parochial school for a prankster like me was a bit difficult to do without getting into trouble from time to time.  However,  I wasn't the only one getting into trouble, I had a few co-conspirators along the way from time to time.  We never did anything that would get us suspended or  expelled, but we really did test the patience of our teachers and administrators.  They may throw their own party after graduation that they are finally rid of us.

Many of my co-conspirators are the best bunch of friends I could have ever asked for having in my life.  We may be the loudest and best at trouble making a class any teacher has ever had, but we always have a blast together.

We have been this group of sixteen kids, always causing trouble for about 10 years. In eighth grade I have noticed that we all have bonded a lot more than any other year in grade school. Going on a retreat, having special field trips, and attending 8th grade confirmation class have all helped us have a better understanding of each other and brought us closer the ever before. 

Having had the same group of friends for around 10 years is amazing. I'm pretty shy until I really get to know someone, so being together for this long has allowed me the opportunity to really get to know my friends. Being forced to choose friends out of 16 kids, some might say is hard, but we have only been brought closer by that factor. These are the people I will be friends with for the rest of my life, no matter where this life takes me. 

I am sad to leave our school and the people in it, but there is an upside to everything. Now we all get to make new friends and change more peoples lives whether it be through our humor,  practical jokes,  commitment to friendship no matter our differences,  and our love for life.  



No comments:

Post a Comment